TP Link Extender Setup Configuration
Are you a user of the TP-Link extender? Do you want to perform the TP-Link range extender setup? Looking for the TP-Link extender configuration? If so, then you are landed on the right platform. Here, in this article, you will get to know the complete steps for the TP-Link range extender setup without any hassle. Keep reading and check out the steps.
Quick Steps for TP-Link Range Extender Setup
Mainly, there are two methods through which you can perform the TP-link range extender setup. The first one is the manual method and the other one is the WPS method.
In this section, we have described the simple steps for both of the methods in detail.
Method 1: Through Manual Method
Follow the below steps for the TP-Link range extender setup through the manual method:
- Firstly, connect your TP-Link range extender with your computer or laptop through an Ethernet cable.
- After that, turn on your TP-Link WiFi range extender.
- Thereafter, connect your extender to the computer or laptop whatever you are using through an Ethernet cable.
- Open any web browser of your choice from your system. Enter http://www.tplinkrepeater.net in the address bar of the web browser.
Note: In case, this web address does not work for you then you can use the IP address 192.168.0.254 in the URL bar.
- Now, you are navigated to the TP-Link web page.
- Next, you need to select the quick setup method and then tap on the Next button to proceed further.
- Choose your region and language.
- Now, you will see that your TP-link extender will start searching for all the wireless networks nearby you. This process will take some time.
- Find your wireless network in the displayed list and then choose your network. Enter the wireless password if required.
- In the next step, you need to create a single and large wireless network. Thereafter, click on “copy from the main router”. In case, you want to create a unique network then choose the customize option.
- Finally, a new window displays on the screen where you have to review the network settings.
- At last, tap on the Finish button to complete the extender setup process.
Method 2: Using the WPS Button
WPS method is the ultimate way used for the TP-Link range extender setup. You will easily find this button at the backside of your wireless router named WPS.
Here are the steps for the TP-Link extender setup using the WPS button:
- Turn on your device.
- After that, press the power button on your wireless router to set it to active mode.
- Thereafter, press and hold the WPS button on your wireless home router.
- Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button located on your extender.
- Next, you need to check whether the LED light on your TP-link extender start blinking or not.
- In case, you will get the connection failure error then it means that the wireless signal is turned off.
- If the wireless signal is visible then it indicates that you have established the connection successfully.
- Once you complete the above steps and the TP-Link range extender setup then you can place your extender at any place of your desire where you have the internet connectivity problem.
Instructions for TP-Link Extender Setup Configuration
Look at the below steps for the TP-Link extender configuration. Follow the steps one-by-one without skipping any step:
- Firstly, you need to log in to the TP-Link admin panel by using the default login credential details.
- Ensure that you have established all the connections correctly with the TP-Link WiFi range extender.
- Go to the setting option in your wireless home router from the computer web browser.
- Click on the WPS option and you need to enable and accept the extender options.
- Tap on the AP pin and enable the option. Click on generate a new PIN. You need to choose the default option to get the default PIN.
- Press the WPS button on your TP-Link extender.
- Hit on the connect and then mention the PIN of your client.
- Map the PIN and tap on the Connect to allow the connections.
- Once you complete the above steps, you can access the TP-Link WiFi range extender functions to your WiFi and enjoy the seamless internet connection on the WiFi-enabled device.
Also Checkout – TP Link Act1200 Setup